Cassava flour is made from the starchy root of the yuca plant. As it's derived from a tuber, it's naturally gluten and grain-free making it perfect for those with intolerances.
This recipe is a weekend go-to in our house. These pancakes taste just like the real thing!
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200mL milk of your choice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted (plus some extra for cooking)
Optional extras: fresh berries, yoghurt or your favorite pancake toppers.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Melt some butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Pour a couple of small ladle fulls of the mixture into the pan & flip after a few minutes.
- Repeat. Serve with nut butter, berries, yoghurt or your favorite topping.